- Company name
- OKS Company Limited
- Date of initiation
- March 1935
- Date of establishment
- July 1955
- 2-21-2, Adachi, Adachi-ku, Tokyo 120-0015 Japan
- +81-3-3889-6616 (Main line)
OFFICES & FACTRIES
- OKS Company Limited
System engineering of machine tools / Sales and after-sales service / Design / Parts manufacturing / Quality assurance / Assembly
Head office and plant
2-21-2, Adachi, Adachi-ku, Tokyo 120-0015 Japan
664, Kizone, Yashio-shi, Saitama-ken 340-0813 Japan
OKS DesignTech Inc.
Design / 3D modeling
Unit 1B-104 GESTDAN CENTRUM, #80 Bokawkan Road, P.Burgos Barangay,
Baguio City 2600, Philippines
DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESSES
- System integration of machine tools.
- Manufacture and sales of fixtures(attachments) for machining centers.
- Development, design, and manufacturing of fixture systems.
- Machining center operation support services.
- Development, design and manufacture of machining systems and The Baby Kangaroo System®.
- Creation of 3D models.
DESCRIPTION OF EQUIPMENT
CNC Horizontal boring machine (BTD200QF): 1
Horizontal boring machine (BZ-8): 2
For Vertical Machining center: 4
Turning center (NLX2500/700): 1
Turning center (HICELL): 1
Milling machine: 4
Fixture milling machine: 1
Surface grinding machine (PSG126DX, PSG63DX) : 3
Cylindrical grinding machine (OGM390EX): 1
Internal grinding machine (IGM2MB) : 1
Radial drilling machine (1400): 1
Handheld probe coordinate measuring machine (XM-1000): 1
One-shot 3D measurement microscope (VR-3100): 1
CNC 3D measuring instrument (CRYSTA-APEX 910): 1
Roundness & cylindricity measuring instrument (EC5100): 1
- CAD SYSTEM
- Pro/E, SOLID WORKS, MICRO CADAM, AUTO CAD
- CAM SYSTEM
- MY PAC SUPER CAM
- Preload support®
Japan: No.4248817 Workpiece vibration suppression method and workpiece support device
Japan: No.4411291 Workpiece vibration suppression method and workpiece support device
United States: No.US7,462,093,B2 Workpiece support method and workpiece support device
Japan: No.4490227 Workpiece support device (air-type preload support device)
Japan: No.4572083 Preload support and ultra-precision machining method for thin-wall materials using this support (Joint patent with RIKEN, Japan)
Japan: No.4914652 Preload support application for 4 points balanced datum
Japan: No.5002646 Clamping device
- Baby Kangaroo System®
- Japan: No.5155854
United States: No.US 7,640,642
Europe DE/GB/IT/CH/LI: No.2025452
China: No.ZL 2006 8 0054527.6
Hong Kong: No.HK1126719
- The first president Sadae Okanda established Okanda Tool Manufacturing under private management and started the manufacture and sales of measurement tools.
- Established Okanda Manufacturing to produce OKS-marked thickness gauges, taper gauges, and angle gauges as core products.
- Reorganized as Okanda Mfg. Co., Ltd., with Kenji Okanda as the president. Advanced into the production of fixtures and dedicated machine tools.
- Additionally established Hokima Plant as an assembly plant.
- Introduced MC and NC machines.
- Changed the company name from Okanda Mfg. Co., Ltd., to OKS Co., Ltd.
- Satoshi Okanda was appointed the president.
- Introduced 3D CAD.
- Started the international sales of products.
- Developed preload support.
- Developed the Baby Kangaroo System® as a quick fixture change method.
- Developed air preload support.
- Established a CAD/CAM cooperative system.
- Developed preload support and ultra-precision machining technology
for thin materials (collaborative development with Riken, Japan).
- Established OKS Design Tech Inc. in the Philippines.
- Started the sales of Baby Kangaroo System® Front Slide Package.
- Obtained a US patent for preload support.
- Obtained a domestic patent for preload support.
- Designated the first Adachi-city work life balance company.
- Obtained a US patent for the Baby Kangaroo System®.
- Obtained a domestic patent for air preload support.
- Obtained a domestic patent for preload support and the ultra-precision machining method for thin materials using it (collaborative development with Riken, Japan).
- Established OKS Guangzhou Co., Ltd., in China.
- Obtained patents five countries in Europe for the Baby Kangaroo System®.
- Obtained a domestic patent of the Preload support application for 4 points balanced datum.
- Obtained a China patent for the Baby Kangaroo System®.
- Obtained a domestic patent for Clamping device.
- Established OKS Yashio Branch Factory.
- Obtained a domestic patent for the Baby Kangaroo System®.
- OKS Design Tech Inc. in the Philippines relocated the office.